Update: April 19, 2021 (1 AM ET): OnePlus is now rolling out a hotfix to the OnePlus 7 series addressing bugs found in the initial Oxygen OS 11 stable update.
The lengthy changelog addresses issues with the camera, ambient display, and more. The March 2021 Android security patch is also included in this hotfix. See the full changelog for Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 below.
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.03
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings > Customization > Wallpaper > Canvas > Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
This is a staged rollout. That means only select users will see this appear as an OTA on their device today. If you want to try to jump the line, you can manually update using the Oxygen Updater app.
If you want to switch from the stable channel of Oxygen OS to the beta to get updates faster, it’s really not difficult. Follow our guide here!
Welcome to the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro updates hub. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the two devices, including their current versions and when future updates are likely to arrive.
Both the 7 and 7 Pro run Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ proprietary Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and visit often.
OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro updates
- Current stable version: Android 10
- When will the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro get Android 11? April 2021 (estimated)
The OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro launched on May 14, 2019, with the then-latest version of Android, Android 9 Pie. Both devices will receive Android 11. It’s possible OnePlus could also deliver Android 12 to the phones, but that is not confirmed.
Unlocked variants of the two phones started receiving Android 10 in late September, though many users didn’t see the OTA for weeks before OnePlus quietly shelved it due to a few pesky bugs. The rollout began anew in mid-October as OxygenOS version 10.0.1.
At the end of December, the Android 10 update for the T-Mobile variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro finally began rolling out. The update came in as Oxygen OS 10.0.1 and included the November 2019 security patch. Unlocked 7 Pro models are on Oxygen OS 10.3.0, although it’s not clear which features the T-Mobile update is missing, if any.
What did 2020 bring so far?
Right after the beginning of the new year, OnePlus released the latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 8 builds for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users. This update brought several bug fixes including touch screen optimizations and camera performance tweaks as well as the December security patch.
In mid-February, OnePlus released the Oxygen OS Open Beta 9 build and Oxygen OS 10.3.1 stable update for the OnePlus 7 Pro. Both updates include several bug fixes, tweaks, and January’s security patch.
In March, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G was also updated to the stable version of Android 10. This exclusive version of Oxygen OS 10 landed as a 2GB+ download and its changelog was the same as the one for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro Android 10 update.
Later in the month, the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro got the new Oxygen OS Open Beta 10 update. According to a post on the OnePlus Forums, the update included the February 2020 security patches as well as some bug fixes and system optimizations.
The Open Beta 11 update followed shortly thereafter, bringing the March 2020 security update, as well as the Instant Translation feature. This function translates audio in video calls to the native language of users, supporting English, French, German, Hindi, and Chinese.
March 2020 was also the month when OnePlus 7 Pro 5G devices on Sprint finally got updated to Android 10. Not long after, the EU variant saw the OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA, which introduced general bug fixes and tweaks.
On the last day of the month, OnePlus released the stable OxygenOS 10.3.2 update with the March 2020 security patch in tow for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. This brought improved RAM management, slow-mo recording stability, video playback fluidity, and more.
The firm released the Open Beta 13 update on May 8, bringing dirty camera lens notifications, the April 2020 security patch, and various fixes.
OnePlus in June brought a new Dark Mode toggle in the notification bar, tweaks to the dialing interface, and a number of bug fixes. The June 2020 Android Security patch also arrived in tow.
In August, Open Beta 17 brought a new user assistance feature to help onboard new OnePlus users, optimizations to File Manager and Wi-Fi transfers, and the Android security patch for August 2020.
Mid-September saw the rollout of Open Beta 18 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro which packed a lengthy list of tweaks and enhancements to Game Space and Community apps. The update also included the September 2020 Android security patch and the August 2020 GMS package.
On October 1, the OnePlus 7 series gained Oxygen OS 10.0.8 in India and other global markets, and 10.3.5 in the EU. It brought improvements to system power consumption, patched various system stability issues, and added Android’s security update for September.
Oxygen OS 10.0.9/10.3.6 rolled out in late October and brought with it the same changelog as the previous update.
Open Beta 19 arrived at the end of October, bringing with it general stability improvements, the Android security patch for October, and a fix for the front camera flash.
In November 2020, the OnePlus 7 series received a new stable update to Oxygen OS. Numbered as 10.0.10 globally, and 10.3.7 in India and the EU, the update brought some touch-ups to the status bar and Phone app. Also included in the update was the November security patch for Android and the August GMS update.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro owners got their first taste of Android 11 in January 2021. Oxygen OS 11 beta 1 brought with it a lengthy changelog with tweaks to the camera, Shelf, and other OS features.
The OnePlus 7 series is expected to see stable Android 11 in early 2021. It’s possible that it will also receive an update to Android 12 in 2021, as the OnePlus 3T received three updates during its lifespan (to Nougat, Oreo, and Pie).
Ths stable version of Android 11 finally arrived in late March. The update to Oxygen OS 11 brought a lengthy changelog, including improvements to the system, UI, and other built-in apps. The February 2021 Android security update was also included.
|Android 10||Android 11|
|OnePlus 7 Pro — US unlocked||Yes||TBA|
|OnePlus 7 Pro — T-Mobile||Yes||TBA|
|OnePlus 7 Pro — International unlocked||Yes||TBA|
|OnePlus 7 — International unlocked||Yes||TBA|
Let us know which OnePlus 7/7 Pro update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 10 update tracker at the link.