Update: April 19, 2021 (11:27 AM ET): As usual, updates for the latest OnePlus phones are coming fast and furious. Today, XDA-Developers spotted yet another OnePlus 9 update in the form of Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11. It brings along a bunch of fixes and tweaks, as well as the April 2021 security patch.
Changes touch on system issues, camera performance, and problems Google Fi users have faced. Read the full changelog below.
- Improved charging stability
- Improved the sensitivity of the keyboard in the edge area
- Improved the temperature control strategy
- Fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed
- Fixed the small probability issue that Google Fi SIM card can not accept incoming calls
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
- Updated GMS package to 2021.03
- Improved the image purity and the ambiance performance
- Improved the white balance consistency of the rear camera
- Improved image over-sharpening of the rear camera
As always, this update will be rolled out via OTA incrementally. Don’t be too concerned if you haven’t yet received it. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Welcome to the OnePlus 9 series updates hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the trio, including past and upcoming software versions.
Like previous iterations of the firm’s flagships, the OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, and 9R run on Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for its relatively quick update delivery and long support, so be sure to bookmark this page and revisit often.
Value for money
OnePlus 9 series updates
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 9 get Android 12? October 2021 (Estimated)
The OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus 9R were announced on March 23, 2021. While the 9 and the 9 Pro will be available in global markets, the 9R is limited to India for now. We expect to see at least two major Android updates arrive on these models — Android 12 later this year, and Android 13 following in 2022.
Days after the phone launched, OnePlus pushed a day-one update to the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Dubbed Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168.LEx5DA for Indian variants and 22.214.171.124.LEx5AA/BA for global and European models, the update should be available to those who have preordered the devices. It’s clear OnePlus wants to give those who purchase the phone in week one a more refined experience.
Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 landed as the second update to the OnePlus 9 series on April 1. The update brought numerous improvements to the phones’ camera systems, a tweak to dark mode, and additional system improvements. The March 2021 Android security patch was also included.
The OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro gained Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 on April 6. The third rapid-fire update touched on both phones’ system power consumption, and made improvements to the camera and network.
Let us know which OnePlus 9 update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted an update we’ve missed, tip us!
Are you looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 11 update tracker at the link.