- The new Netflix “Play Something” feature removes all decision-making for what you should watch.
- Netflix will suggest films or series that you might be interested in with the tap of a button. It culls data from videos you’ve watched as well as items on your list.
- This new feature is rolling out now to all Netflix users.
We’ve all been there: it’s been a long day, and you just want to curl up on the couch with some ice cream and watch a movie. But then you face a problem: what should you watch? There are so many choices! You’re supposed to be relaxing and, instead, you are stressed out and start to cry uncontrollably into your Chunky Monkey.
OK, maybe we all haven’t been in that exact predicament, but we’ve all faced the “What should I watch?” dilemma. Thankfully, Netflix is here to save us from ourselves by offering a new feature: the Netflix “Play Something” button.
As its name suggests, the Play Something button does just that: plays something. First, Netflix will suggest a film or series that you haven’t watched but it thinks you’ll enjoy. However, if that’s not good enough for you, you can hit the “Play Something Else” button and it will grab something from one of these categories:
- A brand new series or film
- A series or film you’re already watching
- A series or film on your list
- An unfinished series or film you may want to revisit
You can just mash the Netflix Play Something button over and over again until you finally land on an episode of Community you’ve already seen 672 times. Evening saved!
To use this new feature, you can find the button underneath your profile name or on the left of the screen in the menu section. It will also appear on the tenth row of your homepage.