Welcome to the OnePlus 8 series update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out Oxygen OS updates to the OnePlus 8 Pro and 8 together, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 8 series get Android 12? 2022 (Estimated)
Latest OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 updates
May 26, 2021: Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8. The patch brings improvements to the 8 Pro’s wireless charging experience, a number of bug fixes to both devices, and the May 2021 Android security patch. Also included are fixes to Gallery, Phone, and Messages bugs.
See the full changelog below.
- Improved the wireless charging stability and user experience(OP 8 Pro Only)
- Improved the smoothness while sliding on the home screen
- Fixed the screenshot capturing failure from the accessibility menu
- Fixed the low probability issue that the low battery notification not working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Fixed the occasional issue that newly captured photos were not saved as expected
- Fixed the abnormal UI display in Guest Mode
- Fixed the occasional issue of opening up the contact card failure
- Fixed the issue that the calling page is not displayed during a call
- Fixed the occasional failure to edit a message
- Improved network performance
As always, this update will be rolled out via OTA incrementally. Don’t be too concerned if you haven’t yet received it. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 updates
- April 22, 2021: The ninth Oxygen OS 11 beta build rolled out to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Open Beta 9 included a lengthy changelog that mainly touched on system improvements. It also brought the April 2021 Android security patch.
- March 29, 2021: Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 failed to bring any new features to the OnePlus 8 Pro or 8, but did iron out several system bugs. The March 2021 Android security patch arrived in tow.
- March 22, 2019: OnePlus started disseminating the eighth Oxygen OS 11 open beta build for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Alongside the March 2021 Android security patch, the beta update also brought a number of fixes for the system, camera, and other aspects of the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
- February 27, 2021: OnePlus rolled out the seventh Oxygen OS 11 open beta build for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. It added the February security patch to the phones and fixed several system issues.
- February 3, 2021: The sixth Oxygen OS 11 open beta brought a lengthy changelog, which included the Android Security Patch for January 2021, and a host of tweaks to Weather, Shelf, and Gaming Space apps.
- December 22, 2021: OnePlus pushed out the fifth open beta update, bringing Rewind Recording for Game Space, selfie camera animation tweaks, and addressing a Bluetooth call bug. It also brought the December 2020 security patch to the table.
- November 26, 2020: The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro received Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 in India, EU, and North America. It included a number of bug fixes and optimizations but didn’t add any new features to the phones. It did tag in the November 2020 Android security patch which previously rolled out with Oxygen OS open beta 4.