Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra get Android 12? January 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra updates
May 31, 2021: Samsung is now rolling out a new update to the Galaxy S20 series. The firmware, numbered G98xxXXS8DUE4 (h/t SamMobile), is international, but only appearing on select handsets for now.
The update includes the June 2021 Android security patch. It does not appear to offer any new features or other bug fixes.
To check if the update’s available for your device head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra updates
- April 29, 2021: According to SamMobile, the latest update bears firmware version G98xxXXU7DUDB and includes camera performance improvements and enhancements to Quick Share. It also has the May 2021 security patch. The update weighs in at a hefty 626MB, too.
- March 1, 2021: Samsung started pushing out the One UI 3.1 update to unlocked US-based handsets (h/t SamMobile). In addition to the new software, the update also brought with it the March security patch.
- January 2021: Samsung rolled out the first update of the year to the Galaxy S20 series. It brought with it the January 2021 Android security patch. Per 9to5Google, the changelog didn’t describe many changes beyond this. The update itself weighed in at around 235MB. At the end of January, Samsung pushed the February 2021 security update to handsets in Europe and the UK. Phones in the US saw it in early February.
- December 2020: The Verizon Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra were first to receive the stable One UI 3.0 update. You can read more about the update on Verizon’s official changelog, but it brings Wireless Dex functionality, more granular home/lock screen controls, and Android 11’s improvements. Samsung broadened its rollout across the US on December 3, as more Galaxy S20 series users received the stable update. The update also started appearing on some European users’ devices. On December 7, those on T-Mobile’s network in the US received the Android 11 update. A week later, the update arrived for users on AT&T.
- November 2020: At the start of November, Samsung updated the Galaxy S20 series with the November security patch. The update rolled out to phones running One UI 2.5, not the public beta of One UI 3.0.