Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra get Android 12? December 2021 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra updates
June 8, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series is now receiving the June 2021 Android security patch in its latest update. According to SamMobile, the update brings firmware version N98xxxUES2DUE1 in the US and N98xxXS2DUF1 in Europe. For those wanting new features, this update seems like a regular security update and nothing more.
To check if the update’s available for your device head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra updates
- May 18, 2021: Verizon published an update to the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. It contained the May 2021 Android security patch, and new camera features including Dual Recording.
- April 15, 2021: T-Mobile rolled out an update to the Galaxy Note 20 line that included turning on its eSIM capabilities. This makes it the first Samsung phone in the US with that feature. Earlier this month, Samsung also started pushing out the April 2021 security patch to the phones.
- March 15, 2021: We just saw the rollout of firmware N98xxXXU1DUC8 to the Note 20 series. The update brought numerous camera buffs carried over from the Galaxy S21 series, including Portrait mode’s functionality in low light, additional portrait effects, and Night mode with the ultra-wide camera.
- February 4, 2021: The new firmware N986U1UES1CUA1 just launched for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series. It brought the February 2021 security patch to the unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra in the US. The month ended with the rollout of One UI 3.1 to Verizon users. Updates N986USQU1DUB57 for the Note 20 Ultra and N981USQU1DUB7 for the Note 20 5G brought a number of UI buffs, improved camera features, and the February 2021 security patch.
- December 21, 2020: Unlocked Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra models in the US received the long-awaited stable One UI 3.0 update atop Android 11. It also delivered the December 2020 security patch.
- November 2, 2020: Samsung pushed the November Android security patch to the Note 20 series. However, the update didn’t bring much else with it.