Understandably, users were outraged and took to the Play Store and other social avenues to air their views. But we wanted to understand how Android Authority readers feel about the update.
In this poll, we asked if you are unhappy with ads on the Nvidia Shield TV. Here’s what you told us.
Are you unhappy with ads on your Nvidia Shield TV?
This was a pretty heated poll. We garnered over 2,100 responses on this one, and over 90% of respondents “hate” seeing ads on the Nvidia Shield TV.
Just 9.2% of polled readers claim the new update doesn’t “bother” them. In fact, despite the lopsided poll results, several users in the comments claim to really like the new update. We’ll let you gloss through some responses below.
Here’s what you told us
- James Updike: Installing a 3rd party launcher is easy and takes less than 2 minutes. The launchers are available in the Play Store. What’s the big deal? It isn’t like Roku or Apple where you are stuck with whatever they give you.
- Deadpool: People are dumb as a rock. It’s recommendations. There’s no McDonald’s ad passing in your face. It’s just shows and movies, which is the point of the device! I, for one, love the new interface.
- Michael Reyna: I love the new update. It brightens up the homepage and I have actually found a couple of shows to watch from it. Too many babies out there that will complain about anything.
- AS: Advertisers will always try to force their services on the general population. They’re all still trying to convince people that sponsored content isn’t advertising.
- Steve Wright: Or one could install a network-wide adblocker.
- TheNightmareIsReal: Can be angry at Google all day, but Nvidia is the one who put them in. I believe it is optional for them and they still did it. At least, that’s how I recall it being.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. If you have any additional thoughts about ads on the Nvidia Shield TV or the results of this poll, be sure to drop a comment down below.