Changing your wallpaper is a quick and easy way to customize your smartphone. It’s a similar process across most devices, too, while apps also help streamline the process. But when last did you change your phone’s wallpaper, if at all?
We posed this question in a recent poll. Here’s how you answered.
When was the last time you changed your phone wallpaper?
This was an incredibly popular poll and saw more than 4,200 votes cast across the seven choices available. Although there is one definitive winner, the results are remarkably close.
Slightly more than one in four readers (26%) changed their phone wallpaper “this week.” It was followed by “today” with 19% of the vote, while “in the past month” garnered 18% of the tally. It seems that readers who do change their wallpaper are more likely to do so at least once a month.
Interestingly, 7% of readers have never changed their wallpaper. Surprisingly, this choice was more popular than “in the last 12 months,” which garnered just 6% of the vote.
Judging by the comments, some readers prefer the pitch-black approach, while others see changing their phone wallpaper as a daily habit. Read some of the best anecdotes below.
- SyCoREAPER: Been pitch-black #000000 for a long time now.
- JK: I prefer to set it and leave it unless I find a better one.
- Joe Black: I set it when I get a new phone and rarely ever change it.
- Patriot_101: I literally change it every day. It gives a new feel to the phone.
- mattc: I have an app that changes the wallpaper every half hour featuring my favorite shots from the last few years.
This way I get to enjoy my photos and revisit favorite memories.
- Jim: I usually change my wallpapers every so often when I get bored of looking at it.
- Albin: I only use my own photos, and change any time a recent shot appeals — last time was yesterday, but it varies. My launcher has an excellent multi-tab App Drawer so the single home screen is completely clean and widget-free for display, except for scrollable icons across the lower tray.
- Djanta: It changes automatically every 4 hours.
- Aman: A few minutes ago I change walls every day about 5 times.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for voting and commenting. Have any thoughts about phone wallpapers or the poll results? Be sure to drop them down below.