- The official Android 12 release date is currently unknown. However, Google does have a roundabout schedule.
- The schedule suggests we could see an Android 12 launch in August or September.
- The beta program is now essentially complete, so it’s just a matter of time.
We are now into the final stages of the Android 12 rollout. At this point, the operating system is essentially ready for the public, with only a few tweaks left to perform.
Right now, we have seen the fourth beta launch. Before then, we saw three developer previews (with two minor updates in between) and three betas (with minor updates for each). Going forward, we don’t expect any more major betas. The next big launch should be a release candidate (RC). It’s also possible Google could just skip straight to the stable launch.
For the record, last year for the Android 11 launch, Google had the first beta out in June and the final launch in early September. It is highly likely we’ll see a very similar (or even earlier) schedule this year.
In the meantime, check out what we know so far in the next section.
Android 12 release date: The timeline so far
Google plans to launch monthly updates for Android 12. According to the most recent official information, we can expect the stable launch to happen in a matter of weeks.
Now that we’ve seen the fourth beta, the Android 12 release date is imminent. Depending on how development goes, it could be at the end of August. It could also be early September. However, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on pretty much every industry, so it’s important to temper your expectations.
So far, this is what has officially launched:
- February 18, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 1
- March 3, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1
- March 17, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 2
- April 7, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2
- April 21, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 3
- May 18, 2021: Android 12 Beta 1
- June 9, 2021: Android 12 Beta 2
- June 23. 2021: Android 12 Beta 2.1
- July 14, 2021: Android 12 Beta 3
- July 26, 2021: Android 12 Beta 3.1
- August 11, 2021: Android 12 Beta 4
We will update this article with more official releases as we go! In the meantime, what do you most hope to see from Android 12? Let us know in the comments.