Smartphone shooters are continually hitting new heights, but sometimes you just can’t beat a proper camera. Handheld units haven’t changed as much as smartphones, but they’ve added new features like Wi-Fi and Full HD displays. Unfortunately, some of the new technologies mean higher price tags. We’ve gone ahead and put together a list of some of the best cheap camera deals available right now.
See also: The best cameras for beginners
As the post title suggests, you won’t find many high-end DSLRs that don’t run you thousands of dollars. This list is more for those of you looking for a first camera or an affordable upgrade. We’ve broken the deals down into each type of camera to make it easier for you to decide just what you need.
You’ll notice that a lot of the deals below are from B&H and Focus. This is no coincidence since photography it’s what those guys specialize in. We’ve picked out a selection of their best deals, but there are dozens more to check out, with massive savings to be had. You can peruse both selections on the B&H or Focus websites.
Featured deal: Get $800 off the Sony Alpha a7R
When you’re looking to take that perfect shot, details really do matter. The Sony Alpha a7R II gives you stellar shots that capture all of those details and more and you can get it and a lens kit on sale right now for $1,396 ($800 off).
While $1,400 is by no means a budget purchase, investing in a high-quality camera that can be used to take thousands of photos and can be used for many years might be the right option for you. Plus, it becomes extra incentivizing when it’s on a great promotion.
See also: The best DSLR apps for Android
The Sony Alpha a7R II has plenty of features to justify its higher price point such as internal UHD 4K video, a 42MP sensor, and a Bionz X image processor. Since it’s a mirrorless digital camera, the Alpha a7R II does require lenses. However, this deal doesn’t just help you save on the camera body. It also includes a 28-70mm lens kit which just adds to the great value of the deal.
If you’re in the market for a high-quality mirrorless camera, look no further than the Sony Alpha a7R II. You can check out the deal by hitting the widget below or scroll on for more offers.
Buy it Now
Best cheap camera deals:
All of these deals were live at the time of writing, but sites like Amazon change their offers often. We’ll do our best to update the deals as we find new savings and others expire.
See also: The best cameras for beginners
Compact camera deals
The best cheap camera deals are compact or point-and-shoot cameras, which are small and easy to operate. The lens is built into the camera, so you can essentially just point and capture images with the push of a button. Compact cameras are smaller than DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, and you might find that your image quality is limited depending on your setup.
- Panasonic Lumix FZ80 for $297.99 ($100 off)
- Fujifilm Instax SQ1 for $119.95 ($30 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70K for $347.99 ($50 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 with accessory bundle pack for $397.99 ($300 off)
- Panasonic Lumix ZS100 for $397.99 ($300 off)
- Canon PowerShot G5 X for $699 ($100 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 for $297.99 ($101 off)
- Sony ZV-1 with accessory kit for $848 ($50 off)
Cheap DSLR deals
DSLRs are what many people think of when they think of professional cameras. They feature interchangeable lenses and large sensors for better image quality than compact cameras. DSLRs also use a rotating mirror to preview and capture your image to the sensor.
- Canon EOS Rebel T7 and 18-55mm lens for $499 ($270 off)
- Pentax K-70 DSLR Body with Accessory Kit for $546.95 ($100 off)
- Canon EOS 80D DSLR with 18-55mm Lens for $899 ($350 off)
- Canon EOS 80D DSLR with 18-135mm lens for $1,149 ($550 off)
See also: The best DSLRs you can buy right now
Mirrorless camera deals
Mirrorless cameras are similar to DSLRs in that they rely on interchangeable lenses for image quality. As the name suggests, they lack a mirror, so images are captured directly on the sensor. Mirrorless cameras are often smaller and lighter as well, which makes them easier to carry and use.
- Sony Alpha a6100 APS-C bundle for $1,098 ($160 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DC-G95 bundle for $799.99 ($880 off)
- Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera for $1,198 ($600 off)
- FUJIFILM X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera for $1,195.95 ($300 off)
- Nikon Z 50 DX-Format with 16-50mm and 50-250mm lenses for $1,199.95 ($147 off)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 with 14-42mm lens for $630.37 ($200 off)
See also: The best mirrorless cameras you can buy